The recent election has left me feeling that out of a population of 310 million Americans, we could have had much better options that the two candidates that were provided to us by Democrats and Republicans. The number of us who define themselves as independent or a member of another political party is growing. I believe this is a result of a growing portion of the populace who feel the government should be more fiscally responsible (fewer entitlements and wars) and stop trying to social engineer its population (stop telling me what I can or can't do with my own body). Neither the Democratic Party nor the Republican party seem to want to embody both of these ideas consistently across the political spectrum of issues. For instance when it comes to choice, the Democrats claim they are for choice, but only when it comes to abortion and not when it comes to things like schools or vice versa for Republicans. And so, we're left to vote for someone who isn't close to getting elected or picking the lesser of two bad options.
The media is overwhelmingly biased, their arguments leap to conclusions to support their opinions report the facts. I feel I must lend my voice to the chorus that is clamoring for something different, even if no one is listening to me just yet.
My goal is to see a solid 3rd candidate on the stage by the next presidential election. This needs to be someone who is more than just a candidate that's described as taking away votes from one of the two main party candidates but someone who is a real contender. Not sure how this will happen just yet but I'm going to start trying to figure out what I can do to make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment